Sunday, April 10, 2011

Thirteen

I'm down 13 lbs since the 15th of March.

I know I should be excited about this but just can't get worked up about it. I don't feel any different. My clothes fit the same. They sure aren't any looser... My bras fit the same so we know it didn't come from there! Maybe one of these days I'll get to see a difference!

I got out to run this morning before Mason and 'the sick one' got up. I think I should have held off on that. I got about three quarters of the way down my one mile stretch of road and thought I was gonna die. I started coughing and just couldn't get my breath. I pushed through it though and made it home. I guess the good thing is that I haven't coughed since then. I'm pretty sure I hacked up my right lung though.

I'm so thankful that my road isn't used much on Sunday mornings. How embarrassing for one of the neighbors to come up on that scene... I think I'll give myself another week or so to recuperate from illness... and dumbness... It did feel great to get back out there though!

I've told my husband that he is gonna have to get me his work schedule so that I know what time he has to leave here so I can get up early and run. There is no way I am putting my 40+ pounder in a stroller. No thank you! He asked why I don't just want to run in the evenings when he gets home and I just told him plain as day... 'Our roads are deserted early in the morning but in the evenings they are super busy with people getting home from work.' He asked 'Well in the mornings wouldn't they be busy with people going to work?' Nope. We basically live in a retirement community so the old guys don't have to be to coffee until 7:30. Needless to say I am more than ready for some really nice seasonal temps.

4 comments:

Tricia said...

I am the same way with lost weight. I just started the south beach diet and am down 7 lbs, but I can generally gain or lose 20-30 lbs without even noticing. It is very frustrating!

Jess said...

yay! happy for you....but you could share some of that weight loss!!

Jessica aka Mommy said...

that's great laura! keep it up :) i hope it warms up fast there..

Tabe Jean said...

Great job!