Friday, July 1, 2011

Sitting at the hospital with dad.

Dad had a needle biopsy on Wednesday for a spot on his lung. A collasped lung and an inconclusive diadnosis later and we are still here. The options were to go in and take out the spot (ha! Right!) Or wait until the last week of August and do another cat scan and see if it has grown. As you can imagine we are going to go with the wait and see method.

We are hoping dad will be able to go home tonight. The drive home could be interesting though due to all the flooding. The interstate is closed at Glenwood so all the traffic is being diverted to Hwy 275. Ha! Mom and Dad live off of Hwy 275 with a driveway that you have to back out of. Should be fun...

I was planning on going home yesterday but I'm not holding my breath. I'll go home when I'm no longer needed here. I know I'm ready to sleep in my own bed again and get away from other peoples' kids a.k.a the nephews... OMG! If my kid ever behaves like that he will be confined to his room forever!

No comments: